Other names are: Amalaki, Dhatri, Emblica officinalis, Emblic myrobalan, Indian gooseberry
Health Benefits of Amalaki
Amalaki, Embelica officinalis which is also known as Indian Goose berry is one of the best Ayurveda rejuvenating herbs which specially nourish eyes, hair and skin. Amalaki is the best source of Vitamin C which makes it a best anti – oxidant herb also. Amalaki is also a best Pitta pacifying Ayurveda herb so for a Pitta fellow and the disease of Pitta origin the Amalaki powder is the drug of choice.
Now it is also proven that routine use of Amalaki is very useful in regularizing the fat metabolism and increase body’s ability to cope up with day to day stress.
- Amalaki is refrigerant, hair tonic, complexion enhancer.
- Amalaki strengthens nervous system, bone marrow and sense organs.
- Amalaki acts in loss in taste, loss of appetite, anorexia, constipation, liver disorders, acid peptic diseases, ascites and piles through it properties of digestion, laxation and rasayana.
- Amalaki is useful in heart disease, heamorrhagic diseases.
- Amalaki is used in diseases like cough, asthma, tuberculosis because of rejuvenating property.
- Amalaki is good brain tonic.
- Amalaki juice is given in haematemesis and epistaxis.
- Amalaki and chandana paste is best pittaj vomiting.
- Amalaki leaf juice useful in heamorrhagic dysentery.
- Amalaki fruits are kept overnight in water and eyes are washed with this water in the marning.
- Toothache is relieved by chewing fruit skin.