*HOW TIME FLIES; THE SECOND CHANCE*
When I received that employment letter as *Technologist* with University of Ibadan in 2004, I assumed my sixtieth birthday for my retirement would take perpetually to come back, even with +5years.
Wow that is 2021 and meaning these whose date of delivery is between 1962-1971 have about 10years + or much less to retire from Service and the large query is *WHAT ARE YOUR RETIREMENT PLANS?*
Of course, we’ve got invested in our youngsters’s training oh sure! Our kids can be there and a few would have picked profitable jobs by then however expensive mates your retirement plan mustn’t begin and finish together with your kids. Remember they too may have different duties.
My English instructor in Secondary school as soon as advised us that relying in your kids in previous age is a good danger. She mentioned being at school is our dad and mom effort and we should always not suppose that we’re education for them however for ourselves in any case she hardly remembered how usually she collected her wage and took to her dad and mom to share the cash.
WHAT IS YOUR PLAN? After retirement, life continues by the grace of God so we should proceed to outlive. Permit me to be very frank.
*1. To our girls*
Most of the garments we purchase as uniforms for weddings, funerals and so forth are usually not actually needful particularly the costly ones. Check your wardrobe there may be at all times one thing to put on for any event. Nobody will drive you away from the event should you don’t put on the asoebi slightly giving a bit of purse to the celebrant will at all times be extremely appreciated
You don’t want to purchase that N250,000 wig at this stage. Your husband might not likely discover the distinction between that and a very good N20, 000 wig ( males you see how costly trying good will be?)
*2. To our males*
Marriage is the most cost effective way to keep a lady. If the bride value is/ was N300,000 divide that quantity by no less than 50 years of marriage ( by God’s Grace of lengthy life) you’ll have ended up paying N6,000 per 12 months. Compare that to protecting chains of ladies ( facet chicks ????) I wager you possibly can’t spend N6,000 per 12 months on every of them.
Your spouse won’t ever require you to spend cash on efficiency enhancement medication () to fulfill her in mattress as a result of your life issues to her.
*3. To us all*
Know that you’re not in competitors with anyone on this life. Don’t kill your self to ship your child to schools abroad except you have extra further further revenue to satisfy the ever growing international trade
No one will discover in case you are carrying a N1.5Million footwear, wristwatch besides you announce it so settle down.
If you’re a automotive freak, know that sustaining 10 vehicles() at retirement just isn’t a joke. Please scale back the numbers earlier than retirement. Don’t be a part of those that boarded autos and fill their compound with vehicles they don’t drive for years. Some solely buy 5 litres of fuel to warm the cars every day with out driving them to wherever( what a life!)
3. I really like large buildings however have you ever thought of what is going to occur when the kids are all gone to their very own homes and also you and your husband or spouse are the one ones dwelling in that large home with 17 rooms?
*Please in case you are but to construct your private home, make it small and comfy.* I’m nonetheless regretting mine.
*SOME THINGS TO DO TOWARDS RETIREMENT*
1. You can construct homes and lease out for revenue. Please consider hiring a lawyer to handle your property, you will be unable to deal with tenant whahala at retirement. Negotiate with the lawyer and let him have 5% or much less of the lease. Keep your self away from tenants, let the lawyer be the interface between you and them.
2. Do one thing that can maintain you busy don’t think of staying idle at home. Rearing animals on the market eg rooster/ eggs, goat, fish pond and so forth
3. You also can consider having a farm. Get folks to give you the results you want eg water leaf, pumpkin, plantain/ banana plantation and so forth. Food can by no means exit of vogue, folks will at all times eat.
4. You can personal a store, begin a college or crèche and so forth it would maintain you busy too. The listing of what you are able to do at retirement is countless however it’s a must to begin from now. 10 years is simply by the nook so joyful retirement upfront()
For these into enterprise already, thumbs up .
Think of enhancing and remaining related. You can flip it right into a conglomerate and it’ll develop into a household legacy.
1. Do not spend money on ponzi scheme in order that you’ll not have coronary heart assault
2. Don’t spend money on any enterprise you don’t have any curiosity in studying the rudiments
Create time to get some good sleep every day, your physique at previous age wants relaxation
Have much less enemies, your neighbors can be very helpful to you at retirement
Be nearer to your God and be grateful to Him for all you will have in life
I hope to attend your a centesimal birthday with fewer enamel and strolling stick.
*Godliness with Contentment is a good Gain.*
*From the Future to U and I.*